Top Local Farmers Markets
Denver, Colorado and its surrounding metro area offer a vibrant and diverse selection of farmers markets. These markets are great places to find fresh, locally grown produce, artisanal foods, handmade crafts, and a lively community atmosphere. Here are some of the best farmers markets in the Denver metro area:
- Union Station Farmers Market: Located in the heart of downtown Denver, this market operates from May to October and features a variety of vendors offering fresh fruits, vegetables, meats, cheeses, baked goods, and more. It's known for its convenient location and the stunning backdrop of Denver's historic Union Station.
- Cherry Creek Farmers Market: Taking place in the upscale Cherry Creek neighborhood, this market is one of Denver's most popular and longest-running farmers markets. It operates from May to October and offers a wide range of products, including locally grown produce, artisanal foods, flowers, and specialty items.
- South Pearl Street Farmers Market: Located in the historic Platt Park neighborhood, this market runs from May to November and showcases a mix of local farmers, food producers, and craft vendors. It's known for its relaxed, community-oriented atmosphere and offers a variety of fresh produce, prepared foods, and unique crafts.
- Boulder County Farmers Market: Although not technically in Denver, the Boulder County Farmers Market is worth mentioning for its exceptional quality and vibrant atmosphere. Located in downtown Boulder, it operates on Saturdays from April to November and on Wednesdays from May to October. It features an abundance of organic produce, artisanal foods, flowers, and handmade crafts.
- Golden Farmers Market: Situated in the charming town of Golden, just west of Denver, this market operates from June to October. It offers a selection of locally grown fruits and vegetables, as well as honey, jams, baked goods, and other artisanal products. The market is known for its friendly vendors and beautiful location near Clear Creek.
- Highlands Farmers Market: Located in the trendy Highlands neighborhood of Denver, this market operates from June to September. It features a variety of local vendors offering fresh produce, artisanal foods, handmade crafts, and live music. The market's convenient location and vibrant atmosphere make it a favorite among locals.
- Southlands Farmers Market: Located in the popular Town Square at Southlands Mall in Southeast Aurora. The market operates every Saturday from May 13th to the end of September. It’s a great location that offers plenty of shopping and dining options above and beyond the farmers market.
- Downtown Lakewood Farmers Market at Bel Mar: Situated in the very popular Bel Mar shopping center, the market operates every Saturday from June 4th through September 24th. You will find a wide variety of produce, fruit, baked goods and local artwork to choose from among many other various items.
- Littleton Southwest Plaza Farmers Market: Taking place in one of the largest shopping districts in Littleton, this farmers market operates every Saturday from May 6th to October 28th.
- Highlands Ranch Farmers Market: Situated in the Highlands Ranch Town Center, this market features locally grown produce and fruit, baked goods, and many more items from over 30+ vendors. The market operates every Sunday starting May 7th and runs until October 29th
- Castle Rock Farmers Market: Located in beautiful Downtown Castle Rock at Festival Park. The market operates every Sunday from May 28th through October 15th. The city is always looking to highlight the best farmers, ranchers and artisans each year. Come spend some time at the market and explore all that Downtown Castle Rock has to offer.
- Parker Farmers Market: Situated in Downtown Parker, this is one of the larger markets with over 100 vendors featuring plenty of produce, meats, dairy, food trucks, home and body products and much more. The market takes place every Sunday starting on Memorial Day and runs through Halloween.
These are just a few examples of the many excellent farmers markets in the Denver metro area. Each market has its own unique charm and offerings, providing visitors with a delightful experience and an opportunity to support local farmers and artisans. It's always a good idea to check the market's website or social media pages for specific dates, times, and vendor information, as these details may vary from season to season.