Costs of Selling Your Home
Selling your home is typically about making a profit. You shouldn't forget however that there are costs associated with real estate transactions. Here is a quick reminder of the expenses you'll need to account for when you sell your home.
- Mortgage balance and any home equity loans
- Mortgage prepayment penalty (if any)
- Pre-sale preparations like repairs, updates, and cleaning costs
- The real estate broker commission
- Capital gains tax, but only if you don't qualify for an exclusion.
- Moving costs
I would be happy to help you better understand the full cost of selling your home along with how much you could make on your home in today's market. Just call or email me with questions.
Make sure to check out our Guide To Selling Your Home which is packed full of tons of great information.