You can keep your home in top shape with simple tasks throughout the year. This month, be sure to:
1. Make sure your gutters stay clean and clog free. It's best to do this before leaves get wet from rain or snow.
2. Check caulking and weather strips around doors and windows.
3. Trim back tree branches that are too close to your house or other building structures.
4. Check for peeling paint and scrub any mildewed areas you find on your siding.
5. Service your kitchen disposal by grinding several cups of ice cubes.
6. Examine, repair and replace caulk and grout around your bathtubs and showers.
7. Pour one gallon of water down unused drains.
8. Check your fire extinguisher. Refill or replace as needed.
As always, we appreciate referrals from my friends and past clients. If you know of anyone who is looking to buy or sell real estate, please send them our way!