Things to Consider When Shopping For a Home When You Have Pets
Colorado has long been known as a big pet friendly state. Coloradoans love their furry kids. It’s no wonder why pets play such a big part when you're deciding what type of home to purchase.
Here are some things to consider when purchasing a home with pets:
· Outdoor space: If you have dogs, cats or any other outdoor pets, it's important to consider the size and layout of the outdoor space. You should ensure that there is enough space for your pets to play and exercise. Additionally, if the property has a fence, you need to check if it's secure and high enough to prevent your pets from escaping.
· Flooring: Pets can cause damage to floors, so it's important to consider the type of flooring in the home. If you have pets that shed or have accidents, carpets may not be the best option. Hardwood, tile or laminate floors can be more durable and easier to clean.
· Pet-friendly neighborhood: Look for a pet-friendly neighborhood that has parks, walking trails, and other amenities for your pets. Additionally, research any HOA or city regulations on pets and make sure you are comfortable with the restrictions and requirements.
· Proximity to veterinary care: When you have pets, it's important to have quick access to veterinary care. Look for a home that is near a reputable veterinarian or animal hospital in case of emergencies.
· Noise levels: Consider the noise level in the neighborhood and how it may affect your pets. For example, if there is a lot of traffic noise, it could be stressful for pets that are easily startled.
· Safety concerns: Consider any potential safety hazards in the home that could be dangerous for your pets, such as sharp edges, toxic plants, or loose wiring.
· Homeowner's insurance: Some insurance companies may charge higher premiums if you have pets, so it's important to check with your insurance agent before purchasing a home.
By considering these factors, you can ensure that you find a home that is safe and comfortable for both you and your pets.